Thursday, September 15—the same day as our Congressional visits in DC—is Compounding Advocacy Day across America. Even if you’re unable to attend APC’s Compounders on Capitol Hill, you and your team members can advocate from afar.
Here’s what to do:
1. ADVOCATE ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Throughout the day on Sept 15, post our four pre-drafted messages on your PERSONAL and PHARMACY social media accounts. We’re talking Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. On Twitter, be sure and tag your members of Congress (all three of them: two U.S. Senators, one U.S. Representative). Don’t know your representative, much less his/her Twitter handle? Check here.
Here are the four messages:
- Compounding pharmacies enrich lives by making medications customized to a specific patient—you, someone you know, or even your pet—when a physician decides it’s the proper therapy. We like to say we Compound the Joy of Living: https://vimeo.com/615973056 #CompoundingMatters
- Remember those COVID drug shortages back during the pandemic? Yeah, well pharmacy compounders can help prevent that from ever happening again. Urge your member of Congress to support H.R. 3662—The Compounding Urgent-Use Drug Shortage Bill! #CompoundingMatters
- Millions of patients benefit from compounded hormones, but that access may be threatened by the FDA. Read more at compounding.com, and send a message to your members of Congress: Protect compounded hormones! #CompoundingMatters
- The health of your pets may be at stake. New guidance from FDA makes it harder—and possibly more expensive—to compound the right therapies for animals when a vet prescribes them. But compounders are pushing back. Learn more here: https://a4pc.org/files/GFI-256-one-pager.pdf #CompoundingMatters
2. CONTACT YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS!
Send a customized message to your members of Congress, urging them to take action on the three priority issues we’re focused on:
- Preserving patient access to compounded hormone therapy.
- Requesting clarity—and an enforcement extension—in FDA’s GFI 256, regarding animal compounding.
- Authorizing compounders to help fill supply chain gaps when essential drugs are in shortage
We’ve made sending that message ridiculously easy. It will take you all of three minutes at the link above. It will even find your members of Congress for you, based on your address.)