March 10, 2023
OPEN TO ALL COMPOUNDERS: GFI 256 compliance webinar
In advance of the April 1, 2023, enforcement date for the new animal compounding guidance from FDA, APC and PCCA are partnering to offer a CE webinar aimed at helping you bring your animal compounding operations into compliance–and to make sure the veterinarians you work with understand the changes required by GFI 256.
- Vet GFI 256: Coming into Compliance Webinar
- Wednesday, March 22 │ 12 pm – 1 pm CT
- $25 per person (All registration fees donated to APC)
- CE = 1 hour
All compounding pharmacists, technicians and other compounding team members are invited to join PCCA Vice President of Clinical Services A.J. Day, PharmD, and PCCA Director of Clinical Services Matt Martin, PharmD, BCSCP, to learn what’s new in GFI 256 and what you need to know now.
- Describe the legal framework that GFI 256 discusses for animal drugs.
- Identify the parameters for compounding patient specific animal medications in GFI 256.
- Illustrate how to differentiate a compounded animal medication from a copy of a manufactured drug product.
- Analyze situations when compounding from a manufactured drug product can produce an unacceptable final compounded preparation.
- Review the criteria for compounding for office stock and how drugs can become eligible for FDA’s list related to this.
- CE = 1 hour (Must be claimed within 14 days of the live event.)
- Recording available to paid registrants for 3 months post-live event.