September 2, 2022
YOUR TWO-WEEK WARNING + TWO ASKS
September 15 is Compounding Advocacy Day, and you have two ways to participate…
Join us for APC’s Compounders on Capitol Hill—the day when compounders come to DC to meet with their members of Congress. It’s September 14-15—
only two weeks away.
There’s still time to register and join more than 130 of your fellow compounding professionals to advocate face-to-face with policymakers on issues impacting your patients and practice. The 18 hours or so you’ll spend in our nation’s capital can make all the difference in how compounding is treated in law and by FDA.
But you need to act quickly so we can get your appointments scheduled with your members of Congress. Here’s where to register:
If you cannot attend CCH in person, here’s the next best thing…
We’re declaring that Thursday, September 15—the same day as our Congressional visits in DC—is Compounding Advocacy Day across America. Even if you’re unable to attend CCH, you and your team members can advocate from afar.
On September 15, we’re asking you to do a couple of things, and we’re going to make it really easy for you by providing the messaging (coming soon):
1) Throughout the day, post our four pre-drafted messages on your PERSONAL and PHARMACY social media accounts. We’re talking Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. On Twitter, be sure and tag your members of Congress (all three of them: two U.S. Senators, one U.S. Representative).
2) Send a customized message to your members of Congress, urging them to take action on the three priority issues we’re focused on:
- Preserving patient access to compounded hormone therapy.
- Requesting clarity—and an enforcement extension—in FDA’s GFI 256, regarding animal compounding.
- Authorizing compounders to help fill supply chain gaps when essential drugs are in shortage.
More details are coming soon. For now, PLEASE circle September 15 on your calendar, alert your teammates, and plan to participate!