September 9, 2022
Compounding Advocacy Day is THURSDAY, September 15
Here’s what you can do for your profession
This coming Thursday, September 15—the same day as our Congressional visits in DC—is Compounding Advocacy Day. While your colleagues are visiting in person with members of Congress as part of Compounders on Capitol Hill, you and your team members can still advocate from afar.
We’re asking you to do a couple of things on Thursday, and we’re going to make it really easy for you by providing the messaging.
All you have to do is go to http://www.a4pc.org/advocacyday that morning to do the following two things:
1) Throughout the day, post our four pre-drafted messages on your PERSONAL and PHARMACY social media accounts. We’re talking Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. On Twitter, be sure and tag your members of Congress (all three of them: two U.S. Senators, one U.S. Representative).
2) Send a customized message to your members of Congress, urging them to take action on the three priority issues we’re focused on:
- Preserving patient access to compounded hormone therapy.
- Requesting clarity—and an enforcement extension—in FDA’s GFI 256, regarding animal compounding.
- Authorizing compounders to help fill supply chain gaps when essential drugs are in shortage.
The webpage with social media posts and the link to send your message to Congress goes live at 5pm EDT this Wednesday, Sept. 14. For now, alert your teammates, and plan to participate!