One Fund fuels APC’s entire advocacy operation.
Like it or not, it takes funding to be effective in working with Congress, FDA, DHA, USP, and other agencies to protect pharmacy compounding and the millions of patients it serves.
OneFund helps pay for APC’s critical advocacy apparatus: lobbying, research, outreach, marketing, and coalition-building with sister organizations. And our advocacy works:
- We're leading the charge against FDA’s threat to restrict compounded hormones via a $1.5 million media campaign aimed at engaging cBHT patients and informing elected officials.
- We appealed the USP beyond-use-date restriction in the new <795> and <797> chapters. We prevailed in that appeal and won an indefinite postponement of those chapters until reasonable beyond-use dates can be set.
- We continue with work for more reasonable FDA guidance on its GFI #256 for animal compounding.
- When the Tricare clawbacks hit, we were in touch with Tricare, ESI, the Defense Health Agency, and members of Congress immediately, and we prevailed in having the clawback withdrawn.
- We’re working to introduce legislation to clarify that dietary supplements with monographs may be compounded.
- We’ve petitioned FDA to clarify that although HCG has been reclassified as a biologic, it has a USP monograph and therefore may be compounded.
Unfortunately, dues dollars aren't enough to pay for all that. That's why we have One Fund. It's a major source of advocacy funds for APC, and it comes from voluntary investments from supporters like you — compounders, prescribers, service providers and others who value our advocacy work and want to preserve patient access to compounded preparations.
Please invest. Your one-time or recurring monthly investment WILL make a difference. It's quick and easy, and you'll be doing right by your compounding practice — and the entire profession.
Questions? Contact APC at email@example.com