APC’s open town hall meeting yesterday gave more than 120 compounders an exciting update on our campaign to save cBHT — a campaign set to launch next month.
While the bulk of the presentation concerned the media being developed for the campaign, it first touched on the two important but ancillary initiatives: the Pharmacy Compounding Foundation-sponsored third-party analysis of the flawed NASEM report and the collection of patient and prescriber testimonials related to the use of cBHT. The analysis will be released in March.
Fundraising update: APC has raised almost $700,000 toward the $1.5 million media campaign goal. We still have almost $800,000 to go to reach our goal so we can realize the full potential of the campaign. (Please contribute today!)
The toolkit: Close to being final, it includes the images, video, and stories we’ll be using to get the message out:
- Targeted digital media messaging through both mass media and social media
- Guest appearances on popular podcasts related to health issues
- Influencer marketing, on sites such as Instagram
- Connected TV ads through streaming sites such as Roku or Discovery+
- Pharmacists! From bag stuffers to posters to shareable content
Media campaign update: Shared some of the collateral and the way it will be used to help shape the opinion of three target groups: patients, prescribers and pharmacists, and legislators and FDA staff.
You can view the full video of the one-hour briefing here.